Saturday, March 13, 2010

What color should I paint my living/dining room?

Hi. I need help with painting my living room and the dining room. I have chocolate brown sofas/coffee table, beige carpet in the living room. The Dining room has Oak Furniture. The entrance has Brazilian Cherry Color Hardwood. The living room and the dining room are attached. I don't want to paint it a really dark color because then it will make the entire area seem small. I was thinking of doing something light all over with a dark accent color. Can you please suggest some colors?What color should I paint my living/dining room?
play around with the Sherwin Williams color visualizer to help you imagine how the colors will look together. It is the best paint visualizer on the web, imho. I like how their color palette is laid out, I like that you can search by color family %26amp; color name, the ';painted'; rooms look the most realistic, and it suggests coordinating color schemes. You can literally spend hours:


http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/





I think ';eaglet beige'; (# 7573) with an accent wall in ';enticing red'; (# 6600) might be a good choice.





You can take a photo of your house %26amp; upload it to the makeover gallery on this website:


http://www.roomvues.com/


You can get color suggestions %26amp; for $5 they'll photoshop them onto your room so that you can get an idea of what it will look like.What color should I paint my living/dining room?
Contrary to this popular myth, dark wall colors do not make your room look smaller. A darker color can add depth to a room and make it actually seem larger. Having said that the other posters here are right to suggest a soft green hue, sage or the like.





You could also get a little funky and try some soft orange hues with a coppery feel. Orange colors go extremely well with hardwood flooring. You are spot on with the idea of dialing your accent wall a few shades darker and bolder. It will liven up the area nicely.
Use Sherwin Williams Color Visualizer to try out different colors.


http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/
A nice blue green (with more blue than green) would look beautiful with brown. Get some paint samples in that color range to see what works with your furniture. I would use silver as an accent color.
A light sage green or khaki color will be great with the brown sofas.

No comments:

Post a Comment