Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I painted my livingroom wall a burgundy color and don't know what color to paint my other wall and kitchen

My living room is connected to the kitchen and i dont know what color to match it with the burgundy please help me i think i messed up my houseI painted my livingroom wall a burgundy color and don't know what color to paint my other wall and kitchen
You should play around with the Sherwin Williams color visualizer. It is the best paint visualizer on the web, imho. I like how their color palette is laid out, I like that you can search by color family %26amp; color name, the ';painted'; rooms look the most realistic, and it suggests coordinating color schemes. You can literally spend hours:


http://sherlink.sherwin.com/swapp/color_鈥?/a>





My recommendation would be to choose a neutral color to coordinate with the burgundy - like ';crushed ice.';I painted my livingroom wall a burgundy color and don't know what color to paint my other wall and kitchen
beige.
go with a contrasting neutral color like coffee/khaki....it will look just as warm as the warm burgandy but help tie the two rooms together yet not make them look so small!
not too sure if i am going to spell this color right but i suggest a beage or a dark white
i have a burgundy wall in one of my bedrooms and painted the other walls a light light taupe color. looks great, the burgundy added a nice contrast. you may even think about doing the kitchen in a celery/sage color. green is in.
Is it with only one side of the wall?If you painted one side,then do the same color with opposite wall also.Paint the both the middle walls with peach color.Paint your kitchen with same burgundy as a border and peach in the middle.For cabinets again go for burgundy.
Brown, yes brown, any shade, not boring beige.


and, if there are any bulkheads and such in the kitchen area, highlight with a very very soft yellow.


Trust me :-)
no you havent messed up yet ! I would take a sample of the bugandy to the store you bought it at . and then have them show you lighter shades that they can blend for you. pick the one you like and get it in a semi gloss ! to do your kitchen in ! remember kitchens and baths should be done in a semi gloss or a satin finish ! have fun with it !
mauve makes a nice contrast to burgandy.


mint green in the kitchen.


beige always works if don't wish to work with colors.
beige would be a nice color and it is nuetral you will be all set.and your home will look cozy and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment