Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Can I repaint over my walls with the same color of paint?

So my walls are white, and when I was younger, I used to draw on them with pens, sharpies, pencil crayons...etc; I am so sick and tired of seeing all the mess on my wall and I really want to paint over them. So would it be possible to cover them all up, and if so, what kind of paint would I have to use? Thank you!Can I repaint over my walls with the same color of paint?
Oh - lots to know about paint.... I've been a painter for many years and have encountered these problems.





Anytime you have pen marks on the wall - perhaps sharpies - crayons - they will bleed through paint. So you can paint over them 144 times and they'll bleed through.





So what you'll need on that is a stain-fighter primer - like ';Kilz'; - ask at Lowe's or Home Depot if you got one. It's fairly cheap. Put a coat or two on all the marks.





THEN the very best way to paint a wall is to use the same color. But you have to take in something which has paint on it. I've sometimes cut a piece of the wall out and taken it to the store - but then I can plaster the wall back together.





If you can get a sample from your room - take it in to Lowe's or Home Depot and spend a few minutes with the paint guy matching that as perfectly as possible. You have to match color - but you want to match ';sheen'; too if possible.





Then when you paint your wall, it saves a lot of work - many times you don't even have to paint up next to stuff.





So always match paint. That's what us landlords always do.





good luckCan I repaint over my walls with the same color of paint?
To ensure you definitely cover over the ink on your walls, I would use Kilz primer first (it will seal in the ink/crayon so it doesn't bleed through the new paint) and then paint over the dried Kilz with your wall color.
obviously,dude it's ur property u can do anythin.hahahhaha jk


yeah u can repaint it with same color.
Yes but make sure you use primer first. If you don't know what that is ask the guy at Home Depot or wherever you go to get the paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment