Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What color should I paint my room?

I'm really girly but i don't want to do like all pink to make it look like a barbie doll's room...What color should I paint my room?
It's pretty tricky: what does your furniture look like? If your furniture is pale in color (maple, light oak or white), go for more dramatic hue ( Robin's Egg color was mentioned earlier, i'd use the darkest shade of it) or deep aubergine: it'll make light-colored furniture pop! If your furniture is dark (mahogany, espresso or black), go for the creamy yellow. make sure it has enoght ';peach'; in it, but it should be very pale, this will make your furniture stand out. Good luck!What color should I paint my room?
there is a very sophisticated purple gray color, with modern white accents it can be very feminine with out looking like barbie playhouse. Paint chips are useful. Be sure to put either the chip or the actual sample paint on the wall, color is highly affected by light, so look at it in your room often as the light changes over the day. Thats really the only way to know how the color will look is to get it up on the way in a sample swatch
play around with the Sherwin Williams color visualizer to find something that you like. It is the best paint visualizer on the web, imho. I like how their color palette is laid out, I like that you can search by color family %26amp; color name, the ';painted'; rooms look the most realistic, and it suggests coordinating color schemes. You can literally spend hours:


http://sherlink.sherwin.com/swapp/color_鈥?/a>





How about something like ';inviting ivory'; (# 6372)? It's got enough color that it won't be too boring, yet neutral enough that it will match virtually any bedding colors you choose.
Blue and ivory. There is no law that says blue has to be for guys only, and you can pick a unique shade of blue like Robin's Egg. Very feminine yet not frilly. Have fun! :-)
You can have a feminine room without painting it pink. You can paint a soft celery green, an icy blue, or a buttery color. I say go with the butter!
You should make it a light blue. I am preppy too. I didnt want my room to be all pink so i decided to make it light blue and pink rugs and sheets.
Tiffany Box Blue! Goes with many other girly colors very nice such as pinks, lavenders and even black and white accents.
Maybe lavender with white accents.
I would paint my room


lavender or amber.

No comments:

Post a Comment