Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I have black leather couches in my living room what you be a good color to paint the walls?

Anything will go with black, but I recommend a light color so that the black will really stand out. A light green, like ';sea salt'; by sherwin williams, would look very sleek %26amp; modern. Check it out:


http://sherlink.sherwin.com/swapp/color_鈥?/a>I have black leather couches in my living room what you be a good color to paint the walls?
we have a light brown color, white trim, and burgandy accents. And expresso wood tables. We like it.I have black leather couches in my living room what you be a good color to paint the walls?
The lighter the paint the better, or you'll feel like you're in a cave. An off white or light beige would look good. You can add pictures %26amp; photos that have black, white, %26amp; silver or gold in them. When it comes to throw pillows or other accent colors, you could go with most any color; just don't overdo it.
Burgundy or beige
beige and a burgundy ......animal prints to accent look great ,too.
Depending on your style and the floor you can go with almost any color.





Contemporary'; Go with Dove Grey walls and use chrome accent pieces.





Eclectic? Go for yellow walls and assorted accents.





Traditional? Beige/cream/tan walls and gold accents.





Country/cottage? Use blue or green walls with a combination of pewter, gold, and silver accent pieces.





With any of these repeat the wall color in throw pillows, lamp shades, vases, pictures, candles, rugs, etc.





Here's a great link for you: http://www.bhg.com/app/decoratinggallery鈥?/a>





Hope this helps. :)
A light beige would be perfect. With beige just about any other color goes with it
http://www.sherwin-williams.com/do_it_yo鈥?/a> try this web site
I also have black leather furniture in my family room. The walls are painted in a color that looks like coffee with cream in it. The wall color is bold enough to handle the black color of the furniture with being overpowering. My accents are dark red, gold and a pattern that includes both. The flooring is a medium stain oak hardwood. Does the room lead into any others with an open floorplan? Let one room play into the next when choosing color. Red from the pillows in my family room leads to my red kitchen (Long John Red from Ralph Lauren - my favorite) and then goes to my dining room where I have a light butter gold color for the drapes on a bay window. The common thing that ties all the rooms together is white wood trim and the white cabinets in my kitchen. Don't be afraid to make a mistake. Paint is easy to fix. I finally found the exact red I was looking for my kitchen after 7 other tries. Good luck.
Anything you want. Black is a neutral. What makes you happy? What is your basic design style? It all matters when you are choosing colors. You can do contemporary or you can choose traditional depending on the style of your leather sofas. So which is it? You haven't given any info that would allow anyone to properly give you color or design choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment