Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I painted my living room, I ran out of paint and bought more. The colors dont match. Any suggestions?

Let the new paint thoroughly dry, just to make sure. And look at them in daylight. Otherwise, you may have to redo the old with the new.I painted my living room, I ran out of paint and bought more. The colors dont match. Any suggestions?
Even if you took the color code from your original bucket to properly match once you stop painting and it dries, it's difficult to re-match. That is why it is so important to buy all you need and always have extra left for re-touches down the road. You will have to repaint the entire area if you want a clean one color job.I painted my living room, I ran out of paint and bought more. The colors dont match. Any suggestions?
Take the empty bucket of paint along with the new bucket of paint back to the store...show them the empty bucket (there should be leftovers inside) and tell them you need that color. They should fix it for you. Hopefully, you tested the paint in a small location on the wall...just get some primer and primer over that spot.
Did you have it mixed at the paint store? Take the can that doesn't match and the original one back and have them remix the color so it is correct.
mix it with another colour and there have the same colour but if you mix it again it'll be another colour

No comments:

Post a Comment