Saturday, March 13, 2010

What color should i paint my kitchen?

The cupboards are cherry wood, the adjoining dining area is a warm beige so alot of colors could work. There isnt enough light in the kitchen yet the wood is beautiful. It was red which I loved but it makes it so dark.What color should i paint my kitchen?
How about a warm green color? I am trying to think of something to compare it to but that is the color of my kitchen and I love it. Look at this picture, check out the lighter green colors in the middle of the circle:





http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h鈥?/a>





Looks bright during the day and not too dark at night. It will also transition well with your warm beige color.





This pattern would make some funky drapes! :)What color should i paint my kitchen?
I just painted mine a basil green and it looks beautiful with dark cherry cabinets and dining room set! The color is a warm color, yet is not so bold that it closes the room in!!
go with a light color to reflect light a pure white might even look good
if you like the way red looks with the cherry wood, but find it too dark, then you could compromise by painting the walls in a light salmon color. the red undertones in the salmon will compliment the rich cherry tones in the cabinets without giving the space a heavy,closed-in feel.


check out these colors: Sherwin Williams: ';persimmon';, ';smoky salmon';, ';coral island';, ';mellow coral';
I'd go for a warm creamy yellow, it would bring light into the room.
A soft pale sage would compliment the lovely cherry wood and also would work along the warm beige in the dining room! :)
you should play around with the Sherwin Williams color visualizer to find something you like. It is the best paint visualizer on the web, imho. I like how their color palette is laid out, I like that you can search by color family %26amp; color name, the ';painted'; rooms look the most realistic, and it suggests coordinating color schemes. You can literally spend hours:


http://sherlink.sherwin.com/swapp/color_鈥?/a>





Check out a color called ';sandy ridge'; (#7535). I think it would allow the cupboards to stand out beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment