Saturday, March 13, 2010

I have hardwood flooring in brazilian cherry what color should I paint my walls?

I would like to use the same color throughout my houseI have hardwood flooring in brazilian cherry what color should I paint my walls?
play around with the Sherwin Williams color visualizer to find something that you like. It is the best paint visualizer on the web, imho. I like how their color palette is laid out, I like that you can search by color family %26amp; color name, the ';painted'; rooms look the most realistic, and it suggests coordinating color schemes. You can literally spend hours:


http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/





Take a look at a color called ';utterly beige'; (# 6080). With that wall color, really any color furnishings %26amp; accents will match it.I have hardwood flooring in brazilian cherry what color should I paint my walls?
Hi,





One thing to consider if your floors are real Brazilian cherry is that it's a photosensitive wood. That means that your floors will change color as they're exposed to light over time, from light brown to a deep burgundy, depending on exposure. With this in mind, know that the colors you choose now will not likely be entirely uniform with the way your floors will look later on.





The best way to approach decoration then, is to consider color accents which will fit in well with this kind of color spectrum. My advice would be to go to your local painting and decorating location, and talk to the experts there about your photosensitive flooring. They may be able to pinpoint specific color matches that will work in the long term as well as in the short term.





Good luck with your project!
With that color of floor, you should really want it to stand out. Use a medium light or light pastel that has a flat or eggshell finish, this will make the shine in the floor itself to stand out. You can use a darker color like a slate style green with that same lo luster finish. The big thing to really make the whole thing ';POP'; is to use a semi gloss white Finish on your doors and trim. This will really define your floor and highlight your walls through out your home. Remember to use your colors by odd numbers, 3-floor, walls and trim. for some reason the odd number of items in any format (pictures, colors, plants) always create a balanced flow.
I have no idea if I am any good with this, but I would suggest a royal red or a deep coffee colour. If you want a lighter colour maybe a green (I think there is one called ';Kelly Green';)

No comments:

Post a Comment