Saturday, March 13, 2010

What color should I paint my walls? I have solid color purple drapes, cream color carpet and dk green sofas.?

like a yellowish brown...lilac, or a rosy purpleWhat color should I paint my walls? I have solid color purple drapes, cream color carpet and dk green sofas.?
I would go with a cream color in the same palette as the carpet. Hold paint chips against the carpet to get an idea of what color cream you'll need. Some creams have yellow undertones, others might have grey or even rosy undertones. Make sure it's a good match. I would go either a shade lighter than the carpet, or a shade darker for the walls. I might consider painting the ceilings a very light shade of the cream.





I would add some throw pillows that combine the purples, green, and cream. Maybe an abstract print, stripes, or a paisley, if your sofas and drapes are solids. You could mix throw pillows with solids. Add a cozy chenille fringed throw in rich cream to your sofa.





Bring in some sparkle with mirrors framed to complement your furnishings. Burnished gold or rustic, brown wrought iron, or even black, might work. It would depend on the style and formality of your other things.





Bring out the green and complement the purple and creams with silk or real plants and trees (ficus, palm, etc.) in the room.





I would add some purple accents in art work, vases, candles, etc.





Good luck with your room.What color should I paint my walls? I have solid color purple drapes, cream color carpet and dk green sofas.?
A rusty gold.
I think I would go with off white, najvaho white is nice or you could go a very light purple
I would paint the walls cream if it were Me.
I would go with a light creamy yellow with white ceilings and white trim. It will go great with the carpet and sofa. However, I am not sure about the purple drapes and green sofa. Maybe get some new curtains???? But it may looks great. Purple and yellow go great together but am not sure of the 3 colors together. Good luck!
I must admit that the two colours you mention are not colours that I would personally think about using myself, however how about two tones of orange on your walls? You could have a darker burnt orange with a more peachy colour just to brighten the place up a little.:)
either a neutral color like white,cream, or tan if you want more color pick a light green that is in the same color family as the sofa (find the sofa color on a paint chip and pick the lightest brightest color up from that) or a bright yellow if the room seems dark and you want it to look bigger and brighter.
Smokey toupe.This is a tan color
dark tan.
Cream or a soft soft buttery yellow.


Then do not add any more colors! 3 colors in enough to have in one room and the max that shouod be allowed as a rule of thumb in interior decorating.
I agree with Tks
  • skin creams
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment